todd@NOSPamprepair

Default help w/Sony TV- picture distorted

I have a Sony KV27EXR90 with a slight problem. A portion of the top and
bottom of the picture is a little streched & distorted looking. The middle
(aprox
2/3) of the screen looks fine. I have no schematic. Is this a common
problem? A
nybody have a suggestion where to look for for trouble?
This doesn't appear to be "hourglass alignment" - though I have no
service info on how to adjust for that anyhow.
Noisy looking horizontal lines appear at top & bottom of pic screen.
Image is bloated and noisy looking in these sectors.
Thanks for any replies.
Todd

todd@NOSPamprepair

Thanks for the reply David. I don't have a schematic - where & what is this
pin coil? Any idea which board? perhaps a part designation?
Thanks again for your help.
Todd
ups.com...

todd@NOSPamprepair wrote:
I have a Sony KV27EXR90 with a slight problem. A portion of the top

and
bottom of the picture is a little streched & distorted looking. The

middle
(aprox
2/3) of the screen looks fine. I have no schematic. Is this a common
problem? A
nybody have a suggestion where to look for for trouble?
This doesn't appear to be "hourglass alignment" - though I have no
service info on how to adjust for that anyhow.
Noisy looking horizontal lines appear at top & bottom of pic screen.
Image is bloated and noisy looking in these sectors.
Thanks for any replies.
Todd

todd@NOSPamprepair

Thanks for the tip - can't find Q 536 though. Do you mean Q530? or can you
tell me a few other components that connect to Q536 to aid in my locating
it?
"Shoreline Electronics" wrote in message
m...
Resolder Q536

--
==========================
Jeff Stielau

========================

"todd@NOSPamprepair" wrote in message
I have a Sony KV27EXR90 with a slight problem. A portion of the top and
bottom of the picture is a little streched & distorted looking. The
middle (aprox
2/3) of the screen looks fine. I have no schematic. Is this a common
problem? A
nybody have a suggestion where to look for for trouble?
This doesn't appear to be "hourglass alignment" - though I have no
service info on how to adjust for that anyhow.
Noisy looking horizontal lines appear at top & bottom of pic screen.
Image is bloated and noisy looking in these sectors.
Thanks for any replies.
Todd

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/equipment_mfg/Sony_2.html

There will be a schematic close enough to your chassis.
The pin coil will be obvious as the heat shrink will be partially
melted, then you can find where on the board the pin circuit is located
by following the traces.

todd@NOSPamprepair

Scratch that - you must have meant Q 530. You- no, no, you , you are good
my friend. Replaced Q530 & a few tired looking electrolytics in the vicinity
& picture looks great. Thank you for the advice. FWIW: The data on (Q530)
D1761 (2SD1761) is a little hard to find; NPN / 80V / 3A / 35W isolated
TO220 package. I used an MJ15032 but had to locate it elsewhere on the
heatsink & fly leads over in order to isolate collector. Works fine. Thanks
again for the on the button advice.
Todd