Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Viewsonic P220f dead

I got this 22" monitor, its got the same problem with the opto-isolator i
seen going around.

this monitor has more severe damage done to it though. I see several
electrolytics that have popped open. around the power supply, vertical IC,
and one on the neck board, couple in the HV section.

the HOT and damper test ok. the power will not come on, it just cycles.

there is a large 15-pin IC on the CRT neck board that is exploaded and
unreadable. Does anyone know what the part number of this IC is? I can
definately tell you its not LM2412, this one is 15 pin, different package
style.

its white and split open from smoke and fire.

im assuming all the caps, this IC, and the vertical parts will need
replacing, along with the opto.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Mike wrote:
I got this 22" monitor, its got the same problem with the opto-isolator i
seen going around.

this monitor has more severe damage done to it though. I see several
electrolytics that have popped open. around the power supply, vertical IC,
and one on the neck board, couple in the HV section.

the HOT and damper test ok. the power will not come on, it just cycles.

there is a large 15-pin IC on the CRT neck board that is exploaded and
unreadable. Does anyone know what the part number of this IC is? I can
definately tell you its not LM2412, this one is 15 pin, different package
style.

its white and split open from smoke and fire.

im assuming all the caps, this IC, and the vertical parts will need
replacing, along with the opto.

any ideas?

Unfortunately I no longer have one of these to look at for the numbers
but what's the deal? I've fixed at least half a dozen Viewsonics with
the bad opto and probably more than that. I've never had one come back
after I fixed it, did they just get a bad batch of optos?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

apparently this one has the same problem. bad run i guess.

I REALLY need that part number of the chip, bolted to the heatsink of the
CRT neck board. mine is white and toasted crispy.

"James Sweet" wrote in message
Mike wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Thu, 17 Aug 2006 18:13:38 GMT "Mike" wrote in
Message id: :

apparently this one has the same problem. bad run i guess.

I REALLY need that part number of the chip, bolted to the heatsink of the
CRT neck board. mine is white and toasted crispy.

You might try getting a service manual, it's only 16 bucks:
http://www.manuals-in-pdf.com/p220f-p-110975.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The only IC i found that matches the same package, and pinouts, is the sanyo
VPS13.

problem is, Where do i find this IC?

"Mike" wrote in message
. ..
I got this 22" monitor, its got the same problem with the opto-isolator i
seen going around.

this monitor has more severe damage done to it though. I see several
electrolytics that have popped open. around the power supply, vertical IC,
and one on the neck board, couple in the HV section.

the HOT and damper test ok. the power will not come on, it just cycles.

there is a large 15-pin IC on the CRT neck board that is exploaded and
unreadable. Does anyone know what the part number of this IC is? I can
definately tell you its not LM2412, this one is 15 pin, different package
style.

its white and split open from smoke and fire.

im assuming all the caps, this IC, and the vertical parts will need
replacing, along with the opto.

any ideas?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JW JW is offline

On Sun, 20 Aug 2006 20:44:44 GMT "Mike" wrote in
Message id: :

The only IC i found that matches the same package, and pinouts, is the sanyo
VPS13.

problem is, Where do i find this IC?

http://www.bdent.com/search/part.jsp?partnum=VPS13G
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

WEEEE. $40 bux for that chip.

ill just build one out of discrete components, considering I have a ton on
hand, and the datasheet of that IC shows the equiv schematic.