Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Zenith D52WLCD

I have decided to start collecting pictures of various digital TV
malfunctions. LG has suggested I start by replacing the digital board
on this Zenith D52WLCD.

Pictures are posted at:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/harris.../ph//my_photos

David, on the Illinois prairie.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On a symptom like that I would do further tests. I would like to see
ALL inputs, video, Y/C, component and if possible DVI.

I would also take some kind of signal that can display a full white
field and a full black field. See if there are splotches or anything,
these sets seem to burn up the blue polarizing filter. While this is
not the cause of your immediate problem, you might just fix it and see
that there are yellow spots in the white and/or blue splotches in the
black. If so, don't put any money into it, at least for now.

I have been looking for a method to replace the polarizing filter, not
so much how to put it in, but how to determine it's orientation.

It seems that there are some bit errors in the conversion process, but
at the cost of any parts for these things, if it works on any input
properly, I would simply use that input. It may be relegated to a super
computer monitor, but your wallet will be alot happier. Additionally
you might try replacing a bunch of SMD caps on the module.

In short, I would make sure I could get a good uniform screen
appearance in the black as well as the white before putting a dime into
one of these. Generating single color fields would be a good idea as
well.

JURB