Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Rear Projection TV Part identification

Greetings,

I'm trying to identify the following part in an LXI
(Sears/Philips-Magnavox?) Rear Projection TV that I'm repairing:

http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/SanyoComboBlock.jpg

Do you know what part this is? It appears to be the HV Focus-G2 Combo
Block - is that correct? are there other names for these? Where can I
get more info on repairing/replacing this part, and where might I find
a replacement part? This one seems to be shorting (sparks/smokes)
after an accidental spill of the lense cooling fluid on it.

I don't know what model# this LXI is, but this sticker is on the back
of the unit:
http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/ScreenReplace.jpg

Thank you,
~Aaron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Also,

I don't know what model# this LXI is, but this sticker is on the back
of the unit:
http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/ScreenReplace.jpg

If anybody is able to identify the model and/or knows how to obtain the
service manual (for performing alignment, etc...) that would be great!

Thanks again,
~Aaron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
Also,

I don't know what model# this LXI is, but this sticker is on the back
of the unit:
http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/ScreenReplace.jpg

If anybody is able to identify the model and/or knows how to obtain the
service manual (for performing alignment, etc...) that would be great!

Thanks again,
~Aaron

Looking at the part numbers you put up in the jpg, Magnavox hasn't used
that numbering system since the late 80's. Best guess is that it would
be a PTV300 to 325 chassis. The Phillips program I use doesn't go back
that far. Sorry.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 8 Aug 2006 06:54:30 -0700, put finger to keyboard
and composed:

Greetings,

I'm trying to identify the following part in an LXI
(Sears/Philips-Magnavox?) Rear Projection TV that I'm repairing:

http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/SanyoComboBlock.jpg

Do you know what part this is? It appears to be the HV Focus-G2 Combo
Block - is that correct? are there other names for these? Where can I
get more info on repairing/replacing this part, and where might I find
a replacement part? This one seems to be shorting (sparks/smokes)
after an accidental spill of the lense cooling fluid on it.

I don't know what model# this LXI is, but this sticker is on the back
of the unit:
http://ajd.us/media/TVRepair/ScreenReplace.jpg

Thank you,
~Aaron

See http://www.technotronic-dimensions.com/Products3.html

It appears to be a HV Splitter / Focus Block (US$190).

- Franc Zabkar