Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Bang & Olufsen Beocenter 4600

The cassette deck in this set has auto switch and at the moment, it won't
play, fast forward or rewind. Press the pushdown knobs and the knobs just
click back up after about 1 or 2 seconds. Now what has happenned? Keep
pressing the knobs down and they click continuously every 2 seconds.
Nothing works inside, motor wheels and capstan don't move at all. I reckon
even the motor does not even try to move. Maybe its jammed by 30 years of
not moving? Electrical failure, short circuit? Could the belt bursting or
falling off cause this? Can it be the electronic circuit or relays cause
this? Please help. My 30 year old TEAC cassette deck had almost the same
problem, but it was an obvious main belt breakage. I changed the belt, got
it to work again, but never can have the speed and response beck to
original as it needs re-adjustment of the electronic and physical
alignments. My new belt is not original and can be marginally too tight or
too loose.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Most likely your tape machine needs new belts, and maybe other parts to
be changed. Then it should have the proper adjustments done to it. It
would be best to have an experienced service technician who has the
proper tools, and knows the B&O audio equipment to properly service it.

At the same time, it may be worth your while to have your other tape
machine serviced at the same time.

Jerry G.

hocky4711 wrote:
[...]

Bang & Olufsen 2400 Ken G. Electronics Repair 5 February 7th 06 01:00 AM
Cillit Bang s--p--o--n--i--x UK diy 16 July 27th 05 10:34 AM
Bang @ Olufsen Beogram service help needed Mark D. Zacharias Electronics Repair 1 April 13th 05 08:51 AM
Deck Screws Eldon Armstrong Home Repair 15 February 3rd 05 04:34 PM
bang & olufsen oaf jds Electronics Repair 2 September 19th 04 02:24 PM