Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Panasonic Razor Impossible to Fix?

Hello Group,

I previously posted a question about opening an ES8092 so as
to replace the batteries. The only reply I got stated that this is not
possible without breaking the sideburns trimmer. My question this time
is this: are all the new Panasonic razors designed the same way? If so
I think "do it yourselfer's" would be well advised to stay away from
Panasonic razors. They cannot be opened for service let alone battery
replacement. I hope I'm wrong on this, as I really do like the
Panasonics' performance as a razor, otherwise its' Norelco here I
come. Thanks.

Nanu

Hello Group,

This may be a dumb question, but I'm having trouble getting a
Panasonic ES-8092 Linear Shaver opened up so as to replace
the NiMH cells. I recall getting a brochure with the razor explaining
how to remove the batteries prior to disposing the razor in the trash,
but I cannot locate that document. I removed the screw behind the
sideburns trimmer and the screws behind the 2 rubber plugs on the
bottom, but no joy. The thing still refuses to come apart. I tried
emailing Panasonic, but got a nonsense answer. If you have any
experience in this please help! Please reply to the Group or email
directly to: vigar39 at yahoo dot com. The user email associated with
this message is an alias for anti spam purposes. Thanks again.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You can download the user manual he

http://service.us.panasonic.com/oper...x?model=ES8092

It details how to get to the battery .... you do not have to break or
replace
the sideburn trimmer, but it does get removed to reach a screw ... a
couple
of screws are hidden under covers .. use a pointy needle to uncover
them

Hope it helps you

nanu wrote:
[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 29 Jul 2006 17:57:54 -0700, wrote:

You can download the user manual he

http://service.us.panasonic.com/oper...x?model=ES8092

It details how to get to the battery .... you do not have to break or
replace
the sideburn trimmer, but it does get removed to reach a screw ... a
couple
of screws are hidden under covers .. use a pointy needle to uncover
them

Hope it helps you

nanu wrote:

Bruce,

Thanks very much, this is just what I needed. Regards.

Nanu