Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Smoke Alarms beeping. Any ideas ???

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

I was thinking maybe they were left in a TESt mode or something. As
iam pretty sure Smoke alarms don't make noise till they need to

Any ideas.

Going to call our buildings Strata, people who look after the building
to get it fixed anyways. Just like to know your thought son the matter

Thanks.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Home Theater Guy wrote:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

I was thinking maybe they were left in a TESt mode or something. As
iam pretty sure Smoke alarms don't make noise till they need to

Any ideas.

Going to call our buildings Strata, people who look after the building
to get it fixed anyways. Just like to know your thought son the matter

Thanks.

Bugs! I've found dead spiders in several smoke alarms that were
acting funny.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

I was thinking maybe they were left in a TESt mode or something. As
iam pretty sure Smoke alarms don't make noise till they need to

Any ideas.

Going to call our buildings Strata, people who look after the building
to get it fixed anyways. Just like to know your thought son the matter

Thanks.

Are you absolutely sure that there`s no battery in there? My house has
wired in smoke detectors, but each one has a PP3 in little drawer on
the side. When the PP3 discharges, the detectors beep, even if the mains
power is in.

Ron(UK)

--
Lune Valley Audio
Public Address Systems
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

They are pretty new so i don't think bugs. Unless they are **** alrms
and defective and those are the bugs

Keep em coming

On Thu, 27 Jul 2006 15:40:30 GMT, "Michael A. Terrell"
wrote:

Home Theater Guy wrote:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

I was thinking maybe they were left in a TESt mode or something. As
iam pretty sure Smoke alarms don't make noise till they need to

Any ideas.

Going to call our buildings Strata, people who look after the building
to get it fixed anyways. Just like to know your thought son the matter

Thanks.

Bugs! I've found dead spiders in several smoke alarms that were
acting funny.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I once stayed in a hotel with a smoke alarm that would chirp every 2
minutes. It was also wired into the mains power. My solution was rip it off
the wall.. It kept beeping and I had to find the battery in it and rip that
out also.. I finally got some sleep after that.

- Mike

"Ron(UK)" wrote in message
Home Theatre Guy wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

I was thinking maybe they were left in a TESt mode or something. As
iam pretty sure Smoke alarms don't make noise till they need to

Any ideas.

Going to call our buildings Strata, people who look after the building
to get it fixed anyways. Just like to know your thought son the matter

Thanks.

Hard wired alarms are usually connected together, so if one goes off,
they all go off. Typical of a multi unit residence.
Also, many have a battery back up.
You should have long since called the property owners.
Regards
Lee
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Home Theatre Guy Home Theatre Guy wrote in
:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

Could be a surge or pulse on the power line. I learned this from a
fireman who had to go around resetting lots of alarms in apartment
buildings.

This would explain why many of them (but not all) go off at once. (If
they were wired together to go off at the same time, then all of them
would go off.)

If it is a problem with surges on the power line, it will affect other
buildings served by your power substation.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I opened mine up in my place, the same ones are outside. And yes they
do have a battery in them. I suppose they need some new ones.

Ill ring some people up tommorrow and get ALL teh batteries replace.
Shouldhave some peaace for atleast 15 months i hope

I hope thats the problem. Easy enough to fix.

Thanks all.

On 27 Jul 2006 20:08:17 +0200, Lee Babcock wrote:

Home Theatre Guy wrote:

[...]

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Land wrote:
Home Theatre Guy Home Theatre Guy wrote in
:

Don't think it can be the easy one. low batteries as they are hard
wired in to the power. They are located in our Stairwell in our
building. One is right at my door and has a high pitched SCREECH

They seem to be going off at the same time one after another. Not all
of them just some of them.

Could be a surge or pulse on the power line. I learned this from a
fireman who had to go around resetting lots of alarms in apartment
buildings.

This would explain why many of them (but not all) go off at once. (If
they were wired together to go off at the same time, then all of them
would go off.)

Jim..... only if they all were in proper working order!
Regards
Lee