Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for KA78H09 Regulator IC

This appears to be a TO-220 linear regulator similar to generic
78xx/LM340T types except that this version has four pins, one is a 9V
output and another is a 5V output. Appears to be a Fuji part, but their
website doesn't find any such thing, no hits on Google, PartStore, etc.
It's IC5682 in a Curtis Mathes 19" TV, model CM19033S. Anyone know a
source for these?
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 15:29:04 GMT, the renowned Bill S.
wrote:

This appears to be a TO-220 linear regulator similar to generic
78xx/LM340T types except that this version has four pins, one is a 9V
output and another is a 5V output. Appears to be a Fuji part, but their
website doesn't find any such thing, no hits on Google, PartStore, etc.
It's IC5682 in a Curtis Mathes 19" TV, model CM19033S. Anyone know a
source for these?

Take a closer look at the part number. It sounds like a Fairchild
KA78R09x, which has a disable input.

Best regards,
Spehro Pefhany
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 17:17:45 GMT, Bill S. put finger
to keyboard and composed:

In article ,
says...
Take a closer look at the part number. It sounds like a Fairchild
KA78R09x, which has a disable input.

Good call, old man. The middle letter definitely looks like an "H",
but I guess the top could have been cut off. I assumed that the pin
marked 5V was an output, but on further tracing it actually comes
-from- the CPU. So now all I gotta do is -find- one...

Mouser show it as "on order", but the "Estimated Ship Date" is
12/12/2012:

http://www.mouser.com/search/refine.aspx?Ntt=78r09

GM78R09 might be an equivalent part. I don't know if it is any easier
to find, though.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

Hi !

We do have stock of the KA7809 from FAI/FSC.

Can you pleased tell us it is the correct part you are looking for ?

Thanks !

--
Patrick Cheung
townt.com

"Bill S." ...
This appears to be a TO-220 linear regulator similar to generic
78xx/LM340T types except that this version has four pins, one is a 9V
output and another is a 5V output. Appears to be a Fuji part, but their
website doesn't find any such thing, no hits on Google, PartStore, etc.
It's IC5682 in a Curtis Mathes 19" TV, model CM19033S. Anyone know a
source for these?

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
Mouser show it as "on order", but the "Estimated Ship Date" is
12/12/2012:

AFAICT Mouser's estimated ship dates are generated randomly. I've
discovered parts back-ordered for months, gone to efforts to redesign around
different parts, and two days later they're back in stock.