Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair
Bill S. Bill S. is offline

Default Looking for KA78R09 was KA78H09

In article ,
says...
It sounds like a Fairchild KA78R09x, which has a disable input.

Good call, old man. snip So now all I gotta do is -find- one...

Mouser show it as "on order", but the "Estimated Ship Date" is
12/12/2012:

Yeah, I saw that, chuckled a bit, bookmarked it for later reference.

A couple of the mass quantity distributors are showing status as
"lifetime buy", which usually means the part is being discontined.
And the set is only 3 years old (sigh).

I found one place claiming to have stock, but $25.00 minimum and
their site not very helpful in figuring out if they have anything
else I can use to pad the order. Still looking...