Posted to sci.electronics.repair
PGE PGE is offline

Default Technics Open Reel RS-1500 US

I´ve got a Technics Open Reel RS-1500US (1982 model).

Suddenly don't work anymore, any reason apparently.

All function (FF, REW, Play, etc.) start O.K. but immediately stop, (aprox.
1 second later).

I notice that the electro-brake is engaged (solenoid is defeat) one second
after any function is selected, that means no movement is permitted,
consequently the Open Reel turn off.

The three motor are O.K., solenoids are O.K.

This equipment never was repaired and no maintenance performed.

I don't have wiring diagram.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?

Regards,

Patrick.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Check your power supply carefully for bad solder joints and bad/weak
capacitors. I worked on a similar unit that drove us nuts for weeks.
Same basic symptoms, on play unit would start up, solenoids engaging,
reels starting to turn - then solenoids dropping out and reels stopping
almost instantly.
Surge from solenoids actuating was spiking the power supply enough to
upset the logic, which can be fairly convoluted. We finally realized it
was a combination of bad cap and bad solder. The power supply was not
straight forward either. Good luck

tomh