Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony TV KV-4490 -- FBT connection question

I have to replace the FBT in a Sony TV model KV-4490. (Inside it's labelled
as KV-2781R, chassis SCC-552P-A). Can I disconnect the HOT wire from the
HVR and if yes, how?

The HV output from the flyback goes to the rectangular HVR mounted on the
metal CRT shield. The HVR has two hollow posts on top with the HV wires
going down inside them (one from the FBT, the other from the CRT). Does
the wire from the FBT simply come out? (It's snug and I haven't tried hard
to pull it out.)

(Reply to group, please.)

Michael C.E.T.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

With the Sony sets, it is usually a push, twist 90 degrees, and then gently
pull out. Make sure that the rubber boot is not in the way while you are
doing that. Don't force it, or you will do some damage.

--

JANA
_____

"Michael" noreply@nospam wrote in message
I have to replace the FBT in a Sony TV model KV-4490. (Inside it's labelled
as KV-2781R, chassis SCC-552P-A). Can I disconnect the HOT wire from the
HVR and if yes, how?

The HV output from the flyback goes to the rectangular HVR mounted on the
metal CRT shield. The HVR has two hollow posts on top with the HV wires
going down inside them (one from the FBT, the other from the CRT). Does
the wire from the FBT simply come out? (It's snug and I haven't tried hard
to pull it out.)

(Reply to group, please.)

Michael C.E.T.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

JURB, JANA:

Thanks for the responses -- so simple! Push in, twist, and the wire from
the FBT at the HVR pops out.

Michael