Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default GE 8mm camcorder

Camcorder works fine, but the eyecup, or ocular, on the viewfinder fell
off and got lost. My GE model CG818A is apparently the clone of the
RCA CG818, but nobody makes it any more, not even Thomson Consumer
Electronics in Indianapolis, which manufactured the viewfinder.

How can I find a replacement? Try a camera repair shop? The piece is
simply a small lens embedded in a rubber shield to keep out the ambient
light.

Is there a junkyard where old camcorders go to be cannibalized? If I
found even a comparable part, I could epoxy or tape it to the
viewfinder barrel and have a serviceable camera. That would do until
next summer, when the price of DVD camcorders is halved.

ron

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The eyepiece lens has to be the correct dioptre to work properly for its
distance to the screen. If have a way to know the dioptre of the eyepiece
lens, you could go to any optician shop or eyeglass manufacture that does
their own lens grinding, and have one made. This will not be cheap to have
done. I have done this myself for photo and camera equipment.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...