Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default 3.5amp 3AG glass fuses required

Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Truscott.

Mailto:
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass
fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair
the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Truscott.

Mailto:

3.5A, 3AGG is now called ACG 3.5

Should be able to find them under this name.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , "Mark D.
Zacharias" wrote:

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass
fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair
the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

3.5A, 3AGG is now called ACG 3.5

Should be able to find them under this name.

Mark & Phillip-

As I understand it, 3AG and AGC are the same fuse, possibly from two
different companies.

Looking in Newark and Allied catalogs, I don't find a fuse in that size
package with a 3.5 Amp rating. I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size
used in foreign equipment.

I did a Google search on "3.5 agc fuse" and "3.5 3ag fuse" and found a
couple of sources for each at the top of the list. You may also check the
Buss (http://www.bussmann.com/) or Littelfuse (http://www.littelfuse.com/)
web site.

Fred
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Go to any electronics parts supplier, and order a box of GMA-3.5FB or
the equivalent fuses. If you cannot find a 3.5, a 4.0 should also be
good. If the 4.0 blows, then you know for sure that you have a short.

If the fuse is not of a standard length, I would suggest changing the
fuse holder.

--

Jerry G.

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG
glass fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair
the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Truscott.

Mailto:

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size used in foreign equipment.

LMAO !

You *do* realise that about the only place on the planet using inch size fuses
still in any quantity is the USA ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jerry G." wrote:

Go to any electronics parts supplier, and order a box of GMA-3.5FB or
the equivalent fuses. If you cannot find a 3.5, a 4.0 should also be
good. If the 4.0 blows, then you know for sure that you have a short.

American fuses are probably not that widely available in Australia. They will
tend to stock ones to the IEC ( intenational ) specs

Graham.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Well it is foreign equipment to us.. Just as ours is foreign to you.

- Mike

"Eeyore" wrote in
message ...

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size used in foreign equipment.

LMAO !

You *do* realise that about the only place on the planet using inch size
fuses
still in any quantity is the USA ?

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Kennedy wrote:

Well it is foreign equipment to us.. Just as ours is foreign to you.

I'm entirely used to equipment from all over the planet. Americans do seem to be
more parochial in this respect though.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article , Eeyore
wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size used in foreign equipment.

LMAO !

You *do* realise that about the only place on the planet using inch size fuses
still in any quantity is the USA ?

Graham-

Yes. The subject happens to be one of those inch size fuses.

My reference to "foreign" was quoted from the catalog entry. I should
have stopped after "GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size"!

Fred

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Fred McKenzie wrote:

In article , Eeyore
wrote:

Fred McKenzie wrote:

I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size used in foreign equipment.

LMAO !

You *do* realise that about the only place on the planet using inch size fuses
still in any quantity is the USA ?

Graham-

Yes. The subject happens to be one of those inch size fuses.

1 1/4" fuses are called 32mm by the IEC. They do have an international spec for them
actually.

My reference to "foreign" was quoted from the catalog entry. I should
have stopped after "GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size"!

I'm afraid the use of the terminology GMA is 'foreign' to me - lol !

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass
fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair
the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

Phillip Truscott.

ANY LittleFuse or Buss fuse --- electronics distributor or wholesaler will
have these.
Don't you have Bob Smith's Electronics in AU ?

gb

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"g. beat @" wrote:

Don't you have Bob Smith's Electronics in AU ?

No, but they do have Dick Smith Electronics in AU. ;-)

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Tempered fireplace glass explodes Chris Jarshant Home Repair 40 February 8th 06 05:19 PM
Windows [email protected] Home Repair 7 January 21st 06 01:06 PM
Cleaning shower stall glass Otter Home Repair 6 January 17th 06 09:05 PM
Glass blowing molds [email protected] Metalworking 13 April 19th 05 05:14 AM
LCD film window coverings? Denis Home Ownership 0 March 7th 05 07:31 AM