Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Fred McKenzie Fred McKenzie is offline

Default 3.5amp 3AG glass fuses required

In article , "Mark D.
Zacharias" wrote:

"Phillip Truscott" wrote in message
Hi folk, where in the world can I obtain some 3.5 amp 30mm long 3AG glass
fuses,
or failing that, where can I get some 3.5 amp fuse wire so I can repair
the old
ones. They used to make them, so there must be some somewhere.
Yours Sincerely,

3.5A, 3AGG is now called ACG 3.5

Should be able to find them under this name.

Mark & Phillip-

As I understand it, 3AG and AGC are the same fuse, possibly from two
different companies.

Looking in Newark and Allied catalogs, I don't find a fuse in that size
package with a 3.5 Amp rating. I do see one in the GMA 5 mm X 20 mm size
used in foreign equipment.

I did a Google search on "3.5 agc fuse" and "3.5 3ag fuse" and found a
couple of sources for each at the top of the list. You may also check the
Buss (http://www.bussmann.com/) or Littelfuse (http://www.littelfuse.com/)
web site.

Fred