Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.components

Default Electrostatics mistakes, Capacitance independence from dielectric

http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.components

On 3 Jul 2006 03:18:45 -0700, in sci.electronics.design
wrote:

http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

Can I just remind everyone that England won the world cup under an OLD
Labour government (Harold Wilson 1966) - I rest my case

martin
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.components

The link you posted is nothing but a virus.
Shame on you. Go away and stay away.

http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

A little off-topic mostly, but a virus? How so? Looks like plain text to me.
Maybe your browser is set with an HTML filter or other tool that doesn't react
well with Geocities access policies, but that's not a virus.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"Lostgallifreyan" wrote in message
news

wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

A little off-topic mostly, but a virus? How so? Looks like plain text to

me.
Maybe your browser is set with an HTML filter or other tool that doesn't

react
well with Geocities access policies, but that's not a virus.

Well my copy of Norton Antivirus certainly sprang into life when I hit that
link. The log reports the risk was VBS.Redlof.A...

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven....redlof.a.html

VBS.Redlof.A is a polymorphic, encrypted, Visual Basic Script virus that
infects the .html, .htm, .asp, .php, .jsp, .htt, and .vbs files on all the
drives. Depending on the location of the Windows System folder, the virus
copies itself to either %Windir%\System\Kernel.dll or
%Windir%\System\Kernel32.dll. It changes the default association for the
..dll files.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

A little off-topic mostly, but a virus? How so? Looks like plain text to
me.
Maybe your browser is set with an HTML filter or other tool that doesn't
react
well with Geocities access policies, but that's not a virus.

Indeed, as Cwatters says.... VBS.Redlof.A

I clicked on the link for the fun of it but AVG did not moan at that time.
After scanning I
had two copies in my Temporary Internet Files Folder that AVG flagged as
Virus
VBS.Redlof.A.

I deleted them and then looked in the registry to confirm that it hadn't
left anything else
lieing around. Fortunately it looks like the computer is now clean.

DNA

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

news

wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

A little off-topic mostly, but a virus? How so? Looks like plain text to
me.
Maybe your browser is set with an HTML filter or other tool that doesn't
react
well with Geocities access policies, but that's not a virus.

Indeed, as Cwatters says.... VBS.Redlof.A

I clicked on the link for the fun of it but AVG did not moan at that time.
After scanning I
had two copies in my Temporary Internet Files Folder that AVG flagged as
Virus
VBS.Redlof.A.

I deleted them and then looked in the registry to confirm that it hadn't
left anything else
lieing around. Fortunately it looks like the computer is now clean.

DNA

How's your not washing marathon going?

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

How's your not washing marathon going?

Stubbed my toe on a ladder so I had to wash my foot :-(

DNA

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 23:45:04 GMT, "Genome" wrote:

"ian field" wrote in message

How's your not washing marathon going?

Stubbed my toe on a ladder so I had to wash my foot :-(

DNA

Did you wash the ladder too?

--

Boris Mohar

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"CWatters" wrote in
:

wrote:
[...]

Ouch!

I always switch off VBS as well as filtering it out with Proxomitron.
Actually at the risk of appearing libellous I had Proxomitron replace the
string "vbscript" with "****tardscript" a few years ago. I still get
moments of amusement when I see that change looking as if it was part of an
original page I get at times.

That virus sounds like a singularly malicious use of it. Normally VBS is
just an annoyance.

Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair

"ian field" wrote in message

How's your not washing marathon going?

Stubbed my toe on a ladder so I had to wash my foot :-(

DNA

Did you wash the ladder too?

--

Boris Mohar

Not soon enough. One leg of the ladder has already fallen off ;-)

...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, P.E. | mens |
| Analog Innovations, Inc. | et |

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair,sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.components

wrote:

http://www.geocities.****intentional..._vasigh_ansari

This site contains the VBS/Redlof virus

Send abuse reports to ...............

inetnum: 217.219.1.0 - 217.219.1.255
netname: IRANGATE
descr: Shwer Computer Co
country: IR
admin-c: RG478-RIPE
tech-c: RG478-RIPE
status: ASSIGNED PA
mnt-by: AS12880-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered
person: Rasoul Golestanparvar
address: Top floor ,No .43
address: jay AV.
address: Isfahan-Iran
phone: +98 311 3325049
fax-no: +98 311 3311414
e-mail:
nic-hdl: RG478-RIPE
source: RIPE # Filtered
% Information related to '217.219.0.0/20AS12880'
route: 217.219.0.0/20
descr: DCI-Route
descr: Esfahan
origin: AS12880
mnt-by: AS12880-MNT
source: RIPE # Filtered

Quoting these headers

ptn-nntp-reader01.plus.net!nntp-xref-master.plus.net!ptn-nntp-spool03.plus.net!nntp-peering.plus.net!ptn-nntp-feeder03.plus.net!news.glorb.com!postnews.google.c om!h44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com!not-for-mail

Newsgroups:
sci.electronics.design, sci.electronics.repair,
sci.electronics.basics, sci.electronics.misc, sci.electronics.components
Subject:
Electrostatics mistakes, Capacitance independence from
dielectric
Date:
3 Jul 2006 03:18:45 -0700
217.219.1.30
Mon, 3 Jul 2006 10:18:49 +0000 (UTC)
Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.1;
SV1),gzip(gfe),gzip(gfe)
sci.electronics.repair:69852 sci.electronics.basics:45938
sci.electronics.misc:20345 sci.electronics.components:16658