Posted to sci.electronics.basics,sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.misc,sci.electronics.repair
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Electrostatics mistakes, Capacitance independence from dielectric

"Lostgallifreyan" wrote in message
news
"Old Mac User" wrote:
The link you posted is nothing but a virus.
Shame on you. Go away and stay away.

wrote:
http://www.geocities.com/hamid_vasigh_ansari

A little off-topic mostly, but a virus? How so? Looks like plain text to

me.
Maybe your browser is set with an HTML filter or other tool that doesn't

react
well with Geocities access policies, but that's not a virus.

Well my copy of Norton Antivirus certainly sprang into life when I hit that
link. The log reports the risk was VBS.Redlof.A...

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/ven....redlof.a.html

VBS.Redlof.A is a polymorphic, encrypted, Visual Basic Script virus that
infects the .html, .htm, .asp, .php, .jsp, .htt, and .vbs files on all the
drives. Depending on the location of the Windows System folder, the virus
copies itself to either %Windir%\System\Kernel.dll or
%Windir%\System\Kernel32.dll. It changes the default association for the
..dll files.