Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

Default Blob in lcd monitor

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message
3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Bart Bervoets

Not that I'm aware of, sorry!

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bart Bervoets

3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Bart Bervoets

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
mc

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message
3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Sometimes a mild one goes away if you just poke it!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jim Land

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in news:449d806b$0$32421
:

3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Some home remedies people have tried (with mixed results) include gently
massaging the bad area with your finger and applying gentle heat from a
hair dryer. Also, there are programs for "exercising" a bad area in the
hopes that flipping its switch enough times will revive it. YMMV.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Normaly when this happens, the display panel must be changed.

I have heard about messaging the area very gently, or using a hair dryer on
the spot. But, I have never seen any of these remedies work.

The most common cause of damage to LCD screens is from people putting their
fingers on them when they want to point to something. Usually the damage is
permanent.

--

JANA
_____

"Bart Bervoets" wrote in message
3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Bart Bervoets

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Inty XP

In data Sun, 25 Jun 2006 15:34:55 +0200, Bart Bervoets
ha scritto:

Any name of such program btw?

http://www.riparatore.altervista.org...cd_flasher.exe
http://www.riparatore.altervista.org...st-monitor.avi

"Jim Land" wrote in message
.44...
"Bart Bervoets" wrote in news:449d806b$0$32421
:

3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Some home remedies people have tried (with mixed results) include gently
massaging the bad area with your finger and applying gentle heat from a
hair dryer. Also, there are programs for "exercising" a bad area in the
hopes that flipping its switch enough times will revive it. YMMV.

--
Inty.Evolution
- per email normali e con immagini Jpeg
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bart Bervoets

I try that, sounds like a good idea, nothing to lose
anyway

Bart Bervoets

"Jim Land" wrote in message
.44...
"Bart Bervoets" wrote in news:449d806b$0$32421
:

3 cm wide, screen not cracked.
Are there tricks to "maybe" cure this?

Some home remedies people have tried (with mixed results) include gently
massaging the bad area with your finger and applying gentle heat from a
hair dryer. Also, there are programs for "exercising" a bad area in the
hopes that flipping its switch enough times will revive it. YMMV.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bart Bervoets

Well, thanks, the blob is gone, gentle heat from a hairdryer did the trick.
Unlike some losers who sent me swear emails about
being a bad technician and trying to screw a customer
(is my own monitor btw), you offer decent replies instead
of telling me to replace the glass (and send more money
to china)
Thanks everybody for the good suggestions.

Bart Bervoets