Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Bart Bervoets

Default Blob in lcd monitor

Well, thanks, the blob is gone, gentle heat from a hairdryer did the trick.
Unlike some losers who sent me swear emails about
being a bad technician and trying to screw a customer
(is my own monitor btw), you offer decent replies instead
of telling me to replace the glass (and send more money
to china)
Thanks everybody for the good suggestions.

Bart Bervoets
"JANA" wrote in message
Normaly when this happens, the display panel must be changed.

I have heard about messaging the area very gently, or using a hair dryer

on
the spot. But, I have never seen any of these remedies work.

The most common cause of damage to LCD screens is from people putting

their
fingers on them when they want to point to something. Usually the damage

is
permanent.

--

JANA