Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf

Default RCA vertical IC

I am trying to locate a replacement vertical IC for an RCA model F32665
- chassis CTC203CH3. The IC is a TDA817. I have located a TDA8170, but
I'm not sure if this is the same component. I have been told that some
RCA components can only be purchased by RCA through an authorized
service center, which I am not. Hoping someone here has some info about
this for me. Thankyou group.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Scott Lane

"Golf" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to locate a replacement vertical IC for an RCA model F32665
- chassis CTC203CH3. The IC is a TDA817. I have located a TDA8170, but
I'm not sure if this is the same component. I have been told that some
RCA components can only be purchased by RCA through an authorized
service center, which I am not. Hoping someone here has some info about
this for me. Thankyou group.

Search for TDA817 here http://www.alldatasheet.com/ and see if you can id
the part. They list 10 or so different types, might find it here.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field

"Golf" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to locate a replacement vertical IC for an RCA model F32665
- chassis CTC203CH3. The IC is a TDA817. I have located a TDA8170, but
I'm not sure if this is the same component. I have been told that some
RCA components can only be purchased by RCA through an authorized
service center, which I am not. Hoping someone here has some info about
this for me. Thankyou group.

The 4 numeral choice is the more likely.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Golf

Thankyou for the reply, but I would like to know a more definite answer
before purchasing the IC. Thanks again.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Scott Lane

"Golf" wrote in message
oups.com...

Thankyou for the reply, but I would like to know a more definite answer
before purchasing the IC. Thanks again.

Can also go to partstore.com enter Brand and Model number and get a list of
parts available. Look thru the list for a vertical IC. Can also look at
similar models and look thru the parts list. Once you ID the part you can
shop around for the lowest price, usually at electronix.com

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Scott Lane

"Scott Lane" wrote in message

"Golf" wrote in message
oups.com...
I am trying to locate a replacement vertical IC for an RCA model F32665
- chassis CTC203CH3. The IC is a TDA817. I have located a TDA8170, but
I'm not sure if this is the same component. I have been told that some
RCA components can only be purchased by RCA through an authorized
service center, which I am not. Hoping someone here has some info about
this for me. Thankyou group.

Search for TDA817 here http://www.alldatasheet.com/ and see if you can id
the part. They list 10 or so different types, might find it here.

Look at the data sheet for the different TDA817x Look for one with the
right package style, then check the pinouts and see if they match up too,
Vcc etc.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

On Sat, 24 Jun 2006 21:05:59 -0600, "Vince"
wrote:

This IC is a TDA8172 and RCA draw # is 215531
Vince

Correct IC. To others, I prefer that please don't reply if some don't
know what this chassis is and led the poster astray.

Cheers, Wizard