Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kirk S.

Default Magnavox PVT340 (RK8530) Hue Problem

Hope someone can help...

We replaced the coolant in my friends set, it was really nasty in the blue
and green crts, and converged the picture fairly close. It wasn't even
watchable before this. We are now getting a very strange video artifact
when watching a DVD; it is as if the Hue gets turned green in different
scenes. Yes, the Hue changes when the camera angle changes. It is like a
horizontal band that covers the screen or part of the screen. In one scene,
the band was covering the lower quarter of the screen, the person got up
from the table and as the camera angle followed them up, the band fell off
the bottom of the screen. It always covers the width of the screen and
varies in height.

It does the same thing to a lesser degree when watching cable. We also had
an issue where we could hear sound from the tuner when watching a DVD on
AUX2. The schematic shows all input (except SVideo) going through the
signal processor (Chroma and Luma). I'd like to try an SVideo cable to see
if the signal processor or related components are causing this.

It sounds like there are some problems on the input switching circuits based
upon hearing the tuner sound when AUX2 was selected. The TV volume control
didn't affect the incoming audio signal. Of course, the picture was so bad
before that he doesn't know if this is something new. Everything is really
dusty and dirty inside; could this be affecting things?

Also, got a slight blue misconvergence on the upper right side of the
screen. Since the convergence controls affect the whole screen, how do you
go about fixing errors in a single quadrant? Will Keystone and Trapezoid
handle this?

Thanks!

Kirk S.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tech Data

Kirk S. wrote:
[...]

This group has an excellent search feature. All those questions could
be answered he
http://groups.google.com/group/sci.e...35b94cdb30 f9

Your blue convergence is probably not screwed up either. At this age,
that tube becomes 'soft' or has low emission. That causes 'blooming' at
a higher contrast level.

www.techdata-kicksass.net