Posted to sci.electronics.repair
pooh bear

Default schematics

HEY

I AM LOOKING FOR SCHEMATICS FOR MY FRANKLIN X-RAY MACHINE. X-RAY HEAD
IS SAFE RAY WITH A EUREKA TUBE OIX-L SERIAL NUMBER d034076.

I HAVE A LOOSE WIRE IN THE TUBE AND NEED TO SEE THE INSIDES TO BE ABLE
TO REPAIR IT.

HELP

POOH BEAR

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM

"pooh bear" wrote in message
ps.com...
HEY

I AM LOOKING FOR SCHEMATICS FOR MY FRANKLIN X-RAY MACHINE. X-RAY HEAD
IS SAFE RAY WITH A EUREKA TUBE OIX-L SERIAL NUMBER d034076.

I HAVE A LOOSE WIRE IN THE TUBE AND NEED TO SEE THE INSIDES TO BE ABLE
TO REPAIR IT.

HELP

POOH BEAR

Sorry, I can't help with the manual, but I do have a word of caution should you
take the head apart and fix it. When you reassemble the head, make sure that
you follow ALL safety precautions. I used to repair and calibrate industrial
X-Rays for the US Navy. They were purged and then pressurized with
sulpher-hexafluoride gas for arc suppression inside the head. Don't know if
your unit needs to be pressurized like that, but you need to be sure to follow
reassembly procedures with care.

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

They call it PMS because Mad Cow Disease was already taken.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sam Goldwasser

"DaveM" writes:

"pooh bear" wrote in message
ps.com...
HEY

I AM LOOKING FOR SCHEMATICS FOR MY FRANKLIN X-RAY MACHINE. X-RAY HEAD
IS SAFE RAY WITH A EUREKA TUBE OIX-L SERIAL NUMBER d034076.

I HAVE A LOOSE WIRE IN THE TUBE AND NEED TO SEE THE INSIDES TO BE ABLE
TO REPAIR IT.

HELP

POOH BEAR

Sorry, I can't help with the manual, but I do have a word of caution should you
take the head apart and fix it. When you reassemble the head, make sure that
you follow ALL safety precautions. I used to repair and calibrate industrial
X-Rays for the US Navy. They were purged and then pressurized with
sulpher-hexafluoride gas for arc suppression inside the head. Don't know if
your unit needs to be pressurized like that, but you need to be sure to follow
reassembly procedures with care.

His may be oil filled.

The only reference to that tube seems to suggest it's for a dental X-ray
unit. Is that true?

What are the symptoms? If the high voltage is not part of the head itself,
then all that's in there are the connections to the tube filament (cathode)
and anode, and the motor power if it's a spinning anode-type X-ray tube.