Posted to sci.electronics.repair
stef51

Default Samsung SyncMaster 950p 'ghost' problem-Link with pics...

Hi, another one with a problem...

I'm not sure if it is the same problem as others had about ghosts on
the screen. Anyway, I'll give you the link to the pics and the story
below....

http://www3.sympatico.ca/sbmel/ghost1.jpg
http://www3.sympatico.ca/sbmel/ghost2.jpg

Typical tests we

Transfered the monitor to 3 other pcs with different video cards.
No magnetic fields presents
Different video cables.
Changes in the menu of the monitor, then reset back to factory
settings...

This problem does not appear in Dos or while loading Windows. It starts
at the logon screen. Changing screen resolution or refresh rate have a
positive effect in restoring the screen but not always. I then change
again until it works. Sometimes it will come back a few minutes later.
After about 15 to 30 minutes of working fine, if I don't change the
resolution or refresh, it will work with no problems until I turn it
off.

I took it to an autorized Samsung repair shop. Told me that this a
major problem and since they have problems with backordered parts, the
best thing is to change the entire circuit board.

Usually things go bad as they heat. In my case ,it's the reverse.....

Are they right or is it some typical cold solder or capacitor?

Any info is appreciated. Many thanks!

Stephen