Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Stephen Trapani

Default laptop battery question

So my Lithium-ion battery on my last two iBooks gave out after 13
months. I figure I'm doing something wrong.

I have used the laptop often plugged in, is that the problem?

I bought a new battery recently and I want to make it last longer. My
question is: Is it okay to put the dead battery in while I have it
plugged in at home and switch the batteries out with the good one when
I'm going to use it away from the outlet?

--
Stephen

-------

For any proposition there is always some sufficiently narrow
interpretation of its terms, such that it turns out true, and
some sufficiently wide interpretation such that it turns out
false...concept stretching will refute *any* statement, and will
leave no true statement whatsoever.
-- Imre Lakatos
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Probably would be more effective, for the overall battery life, to actually
run the system on the battery for the total time period once a month or so.
Allowing the battery to actually discharge to probably the warning level
10%.
Recharge the battery, or just use the system with AC power connected and the
new battery installed will recharge it.
The operations manual should have relative information about battery care.
?Use it or loose it? IMHO