Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Worthy

Default Washing Machine Very Noisy, Thanks in Advance

Hi,
I hope this group can help?
I have a Hotpoint washing machine, that has recently become very noisy
in the spin cycle.
It sounds like a grinding sound.
When i manually spin the drum by hand, it sounds rough.

Is it the Drum bearing?

Any ideas please ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

"Worthy" wrote in message
news

Hi,
I hope this group can help?
I have a Hotpoint washing machine, that has recently become very noisy
in the spin cycle.
It sounds like a grinding sound.
When i manually spin the drum by hand, it sounds rough.

Is it the Drum bearing?

Any ideas please ?

Try to move the drum up and down, is there any movement? If there's any more
than an almost imperceptable or very tiny bit of play then the bearings are
gone. A grinding noise could also indicate the motor needs a service or
replacing, like worn brushes or failing bearings.

Either way, don't use it again until you've fixed it.

Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
larry moe 'n curly

Worthy wrote:
Hi,
I hope this group can help?
I have a Hotpoint washing machine, that has recently become very noisy
in the spin cycle.
It sounds like a grinding sound.
When i manually spin the drum by hand, it sounds rough.

Is it the Drum bearing?

www.fixitnow.com (appliance FAQs, forums)
www.applianceaid.com (appliance FAQs)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Worthy

On Wed, 7 Jun 2006 21:02:34 +0100, "Dave D" wrote:

"Worthy" wrote in message
news

Hi,
I hope this group can help?
I have a Hotpoint washing machine, that has recently become very noisy
in the spin cycle.
It sounds like a grinding sound.
When i manually spin the drum by hand, it sounds rough.

Is it the Drum bearing?

Any ideas please ?

Try to move the drum up and down, is there any movement? If there's any more
than an almost imperceptable or very tiny bit of play then the bearings are
gone. A grinding noise could also indicate the motor needs a service or
replacing, like worn brushes or failing bearings.

Either way, don't use it again until you've fixed it.

Dave

Hi Dave,
I will try that thanks..

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

Some common causes:

Warn drum bearings.
Warn motor bearings.
If the drum is belt driven, this can also be warn pully wheel bearings
and or bushings.

Do NOT use the washing machine until it has been properly serviced.

Jerry G.
======

Worthy wrote:
Hi,
I hope this group can help?
I have a Hotpoint washing machine, that has recently become very noisy
in the spin cycle.
It sounds like a grinding sound.
When i manually spin the drum by hand, it sounds rough.

Is it the Drum bearing?

Any ideas please ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JR North

Buy her some flowers and candy. That'll shut her up...
JR

Worthy wrote:

Hi,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

JR North wrote:
Buy her some flowers and candy. That'll shut her up...
JR

Thanks, now I need to clean the soda out of my nose.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

On Thu, 08 Jun 2006 04:11:13 GMT, James Sweet
wrote:

JR North wrote:
Buy her some flowers and candy. That'll shut her up...
JR

Thanks, now I need to clean the soda out of my nose.

Reminds me of a long lunch.

We're sitting around with a pitcher of beer on the table. I pick up
my beer and am ready to take a swig but figure the punch line is
coming and thought better of it and set the glass down.

My buddy Karl asks "Why did you put your beer down?" and takes a swig
from his mug.

I said "Only an idiot would have a mouth full of beer when Brian gets
to the punch line."

Karl blew half his beer across the table (at Brian) and the rest shot
out of his nose.

I don't think Brian ever finished the joke.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Worthy

On Wed, 07 Jun 2006 19:07:35 -0700, JR North
wrote:

Buy her some flowers and candy. That'll shut her up...
JR

LOL

kms kuba sewing machinery UK diy 0 April 5th 06 09:20 AM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:54 PM
sewing machinery sedatkzyk UK diy 0 March 21st 06 12:53 PM
Frigidaire front-loading washing machine is taking NAPS! [email protected] Home Repair 27 January 24th 06 05:24 AM
Zanussi FL1012 Washing Machine fault James UK diy 5 August 4th 04 01:45 PM