Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N.C.

Default Kodak DX4330

Does anyone have a repair manual for a Kodak DX4330 digital Camera?

Unit has intermittent problem with power up. Also resets clock. I have
back removed but am uable to remove front half of case to get a look inside.

Thanks,
Neville

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Allodoxaphobia

On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 22:57:59 GMT, N.C. wrote:
Does anyone have a repair manual for a Kodak DX4330 digital Camera?

Probably not. Most manufactures don't provide 'repair manuals' for
digital cameras. You're expected to buy a new camera -- which, like
your first one, will become obsolete as soon as you take your first
pictures. :-\

Unit has intermittent problem with power up. Also resets clock.

Sound like a bad battery contact problem -- loose/sprung contacts,
bent/broken battery compartment cover -- something of that nature.

Jonesy
--
Marvin L Jones | jonz | W3DHJ | linux
*** Killfiling google posts: http//jonz.net/ng.htm
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N.C.

I agree with your diagnosis of a bad or loose connection. Main battery
contacts and cover look fine. Problem is internal and I have not been able
to get the front half of the case off to check connections.
There is a small button cell on the board, that I assume provides backup
power while the batteries are out. The problem couble could be with the
connection to that battery, preventing the main processor from being able to
power up. The fact that every time this happens I loose the date and time
points to the memory battery. If I could get it apart I would have a chance
of locating the problem.

Thanks,
N.