Default dcam, kodak dx4330, flash broken

I'm not sending this camera in for repair so ...

Anyone been inside these things? I've got a Kodak dx4330
digital camera that just lost it's flash.

Anyone have schematics?

Bad flash.... is it usually the tube or the trigger? Can
you read the partnumber of the components, or does Kodak
house number?

I can get a broken dx4330 on ebay for about $15. Is it worth it
for parts?. And so on .....

Suggestions? Thanks

Ronald Baird

Greetings HFS,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I own a DX4330 and love it. Still use
it for parties and such. How do you know the flash is broken. Is the flash
module physically damaged? If not, check to be sure you have not set the
camera to no flash. Try a few shots after changing the flash options. When
you lost the module what were the circumstances?

If you do decide to repair the camera your self, especially work with the
flash, please note that it can send a significant charge so be very careful.
It could hurt you.

FYI and good luck. Let me know what you find.

Ron Baird
Eastman Kodak Company

oups.com...