Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Projection TV shorted yoke

I have a JVC 56" rear projection TV (model AV-56WP30). I have been
troubleshooting a
problem with the red projecting a wavy line near top of screen (see
http://www.signaturefactory.com/dlip/tv2.jpg). I have discovered that
the input into the yoke from the convergence board is shorted (I didn't
check whether it was horozontal or vertical). I found this by
disconnecting the output from the convergence board and measuring
resistance accross each of the two outputs +/-. My question is, is
this usally a simple fix and what should I look for?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:
I have a JVC 56" rear projection TV (model AV-56WP30). I have been
troubleshooting a
problem with the red projecting a wavy line near top of screen (see
http://www.signaturefactory.com/dlip/tv2.jpg). I have discovered that
the input into the yoke from the convergence board is shorted (I didn't
check whether it was horozontal or vertical). I found this by
disconnecting the output from the convergence board and measuring
resistance accross each of the two outputs +/-. My question is, is
this usally a simple fix and what should I look for?

What is the inductive impedance of the yoke at 60Hz and 1KHz?

Are you sure it is shorted? What resistance did you read? Normal is
usually around 2 to 8 ohms depending on the specific yoke design.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have a JVC 56" rear projection TV (model AV-56WP30). I have been
troubleshooting a
problem with the red projecting a wavy line near top of screen (see
http://www.signaturefactory.com/dlip/tv2.jpg). I have discovered that
the input into the yoke from the convergence board is shorted (I didn't
check whether it was horozontal or vertical). I found this by
disconnecting the output from the convergence board and measuring
resistance accross each of the two outputs +/-. My question is, is
this usally a simple fix and what should I look for?

What is the inductive impedance of the yoke at 60Hz and 1KHz?

I don't have a meter here to measure that but if necessary I can get
one from work.

Are you sure it is shorted? What resistance did you read? Normal is
usually around 2 to 8 ohms depending on the specific yoke design.

I took the yoke out and found that it is not shorted. Resistance of
both circuits is around .5 ohm. I guess I did not find my problem.

Toshiba tube shorted. Can I clear it? Roy and Rosa Electronics Repair 13 September 29th 05 04:51 PM
Yoke Replacement Chris F. Electronics Repair 7 June 8th 05 12:45 PM
Yoke buzz Art Electronics Repair 0 July 6th 04 11:07 AM
Hitachi Projection Tube Part Description Confusion Joe R. Electronics Repair 2 January 16th 04 11:47 PM
Silicone - Yoke Trimming magnet Jerry Greenberg Electronics Repair 2 August 13th 03 06:10 AM