Posted to sci.electronics.repair
George P

Default Sony TV with no Sound!

Hi!
My KV-29FS60D just went silent a couple of hours ago.
I went into service mode and looked into error log.

It says: "J-B. MSP3410D, Sound Proc"

Does this mean that the Sound IC MSP3410D is dead or just needs resetting?

I;ve already tried turning on and off the TV, unplugging it from mains etc,
but nothing changed.

Should I try resetting the sound device from service menu?

Thanx in advance!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Papa_J

Can't hurt but I'll bet it will not restore your audio. Get out your scope
or audio checker, trace the audio from the tuner through the switching
devices until you find out where it is being lost.Also you may try injecting
audio at different points in the path to see if it may be the amp or other
areas causing the problem.
"George P" wrote in message
Hi!
My KV-29FS60D just went silent a couple of hours ago.
I went into service mode and looked into error log.

It says: "J-B. MSP3410D, Sound Proc"

Does this mean that the Sound IC MSP3410D is dead or just needs resetting?

I;ve already tried turning on and off the TV, unplugging it from mains
etc, but nothing changed.

Should I try resetting the sound device from service menu?

Thanx in advance!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
George P

Thanx for your answer Papa_J! :-)

I' ll try that. Hope that the MSP3410D is not blown, so that I can avoid
taking the TV to the authorised service centre. It's a rather heavy TV...
I' ll post the results tomorrow..

Ο "Papa_J" έγραψε στο μήνυμα
. ..