Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default how do you get access to a laptop motherboard?

I have just frazzled a 3 year old toshiba laptop in a bad BIOS flash.

How can I open my laptop up to get hold of the motherboard, to replace
the BIOS chip... or is it a fools errand that will end with a soldered
chip, and an expensive bill?

-niel

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dave D

wrote in message
oups.com...
I have just frazzled a 3 year old toshiba laptop in a bad BIOS flash.

How can I open my laptop up to get hold of the motherboard, to replace
the BIOS chip...

How long is a piece of string? It varies from model to model. There's often
lots of screws, some concealed under trim panels. Have a look on Toshiba's
website and you may be lucky and find an 'explosion' parts chart showing the
dismantling procedure.

or is it a fools errand that will end with a soldered
chip, and an expensive bill?

Likely. If you don't have access to decent tools and antistatic wristbands,
and aren't experienced with laptop repair, don't open it yourself. The
cheapest option might be to look out for an identical laptop on eBay with a
cracked screen and swap the parts around.

Dave