Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Adrian C

Default how do you get access to a laptop motherboard?

wrote:
I have just frazzled a 3 year old toshiba laptop in a bad BIOS flash.

How can I open my laptop up to get hold of the motherboard, to replace
the BIOS chip... or is it a fools errand that will end with a soldered
chip, and an expensive bill?

-niel

Don't even think of proceeding without obtaining the hardware
maintenance / service manual. You will probably find it on the net for
free download if you look hard enough.

Some motherboards aren't actually that expensive - some are sold on ebay
(UK/US). Stripping down and rebuilding laptops is an interesting hobby
of mine, they aren't as difficult as they first look. Work slowly, avoid
breaking plastic tabs, don't create excess static charges, lose screws
etc...

--
Adrian C