Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need Code For Service Menu on Sylvania Television

Hi -

I recently purchased a cheap television for the spare bedroom. The
model number for the television is SST4245. The picture is slightly
tilted off center. The television is new but it is already out of
warranty (90 days) and I lost the receipt.

I need to get into the service menu to adjust the geometry of the
picture. I called Sylvania (Funai) customer service but they would not
give me the code.

Please, can someone send me the code(s) that I need to enter on the
remote to get to the service menu?

Many thanks,
John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I have an extra service manual available if you would like to purchase
it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

Get the service manuel if you are actually going to attempt playing with the
service menue options.
Odds are, if the picture is physically tilted there will be nothing in the
service menue to assist in correcting that symptom.
Normally just a slight mechanical adjustment to the deflection yoke will
suffice.

wrote in message
ps.com...
I have an extra service manual available if you would like to purchase
it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Art -

I guess that I am going to have to leave the picture tilted or go buy a
new television set. I was hoping that the adjustment would be in the
service menu because I did my own calibration on my Sony a few years
ago. The Sony still works great. I cannot see buying a service manual
for a television that costs only $100. I just won't buy another
Sylvania or Funai television again.

If I buy another television, I will put the Sylvania in the garage in
the box until I come across more information about Sylvania or come
across a friend in AA (yes, I am in a 12-step program) that is a
television technician.

Thank you for the information and for your advice.

John

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tim Auton

"Art" wrote:

Seems I suggested that in my post also, simple mechanical adjustment!!

Nobody will have noticed, because your posts are so awfully formatted.
FYI, on usenet, lines beginning with a "" character are treated as
quotes. Using something other than Outhouse Express makes it easier to
do it right and be understood.

Tim
--
Did I really still have that sig?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Pooh Bear

Tim Auton wrote:

"Art" wrote:

Seems I suggested that in my post also, simple mechanical adjustment!!

Nobody will have noticed, because your posts are so awfully formatted.

Agreed. First time I looked I passed it by.

FYI, on usenet, lines beginning with a "" character are treated as
quotes.

Also helps not to top post.

Using something other than Outhouse Express makes it easier to
do it right and be understood.

That helps too.

Graham

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

bloody thanks for the flippin english lesson, mates. read the flippin post
and respond in context. Eh! Goes to show what one perceives when they do
read something to flippin fast, Eh?? Cheers