Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china

Default where to find toshiba remote control codes?

I'm having trouble getting my new remote to communicate with my Toshiba
DVD-VCR player.
I tried all the remote control codes listed on the instructions of the
new remote without success.
How do I find the right remote control code?
(My original toshiba remote is an SE-R0086 remote control.)

Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china

I'm having trouble getting my new remote to communicate with my Toshiba

DVD-VCR player.
I tried all the remote control codes listed on the instructions of the
new remote without success.
How do I find the right remote control code?
(My original toshiba remote is an SE-R0086 remote control.)

There shouldn't be any issue of finding the right code with the Toshiba
remote for the Toshiba device. If it is a universal, call the phone
number in the sheet that came with it to ask them for the code.

Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china

but i lost my sheet. i got a new remote from my cable company and i
need to program my cable company's remote to work with my vcr.

Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china
camy

ha ha!you have stolen the machine and now you want people to help you
to find a way to use it because you are too stupid to do it
yourself,humpadickie janitorman.

schrieb:

but i lost my sheet. i got a new remote from my cable company and i
need to program my cable company's remote to work with my vcr.

Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china

markdemer:
your "cable company" will certainly have the proper information and/or
a replacement "sheet" that you can have or make a copy of. That would
be your first and best option.
electricitym

Posted to rec.video.dvd.players,sci.electronics.repair,soc.culture.china

markdemer:
First, you need to understand that there is NOT a specific "code" for
your Toshiba DVD-VCR player that you can punch into ALL the different
univeral and programmable remotes that will make it work. Some remotes
use a 3 digit code, some a 4 digit code, ..... and a code that works
for one brand of universal remote will not work for a different brand
of universal remote....
.....and to make matters worse, most combo units like your DVD-VCR
player only work best with the factory original remote, even if you get
a universal remote to work with it you will most likely not be able to
access many of the important and sometimes frequently used functions.

require for "their" remote.
electricitym
..
..