Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nick Hull

Default Need circuit diagram for Dixon 542 lawnmower

I have a glitch in my Dixon ZTR 542 circuit that keeps it from starting.
OTOH, I can just disconnect the ignition switch and start the engine and
it runs fine. I can't seem to find any circuit diagrams or electrical
troubleshooting info, All I have from Dixon is a wiring loom drawing
that gives no info on how it works./

It would seem that the trouble is in the kill circuit, something is
telling the engine to stop. Presumable a malfunctioning safety
interlock but I'm having trouble tracing the circuit. It seems I have
12 volts to the magneto when the 'ignition' is off and 3 volts when it
is 'on', but is that normal?

Any clues where to get info? I have never been able to find a repair
manual for this model on ebay or elsewhere.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Chance

Nick Hull wrote:

It would seem that the trouble is in the kill circuit, something is
telling the engine to stop. Presumable a malfunctioning safety
interlock but I'm having trouble tracing the circuit.

I'm not familar with your particular mower but the interlock switches
should be easy to check with an ohm meter. Hope this helps you.

Regards,
Chance