Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Nick Hull

Default Need circuit diagram for Dixon 542 lawnmower

I have a glitch in my Dixon ZTR 542 circuit that keeps it from starting.
OTOH, I can just disconnect the ignition switch and start the engine and
it runs fine. I can't seem to find any circuit diagrams or electrical
troubleshooting info, All I have from Dixon is a wiring loom drawing
that gives no info on how it works./

It would seem that the trouble is in the kill circuit, something is
telling the engine to stop. Presumable a malfunctioning safety
interlock but I'm having trouble tracing the circuit. It seems I have
12 volts to the magneto when the 'ignition' is off and 3 volts when it
is 'on', but is that normal?

Any clues where to get info? I have never been able to find a repair
manual for this model on ebay or elsewhere.

--
Free men own guns, slaves don't
www.geocities.com/CapitolHill/5357/