Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy

Default Inverter Repair... I could use some pointers from the experts.

I have a NEC Multisync LCD 1525M Monitor with a bad inverter (built by
Potrans model# DA00812600). It had a burnt 22 pF 3kv ceramic capacitor. It
is the cap just before wher the ccfl lamp hooks up. I replaced this cap with
the closest value I could find at the local surplus dealer, a 24pF 1kv cap.
I also replaced the .5a fuse with a regular fast blow and tried it out. It
worked for a short while. I powered it off and back on and it blew the .5a
fuse. I don't know if the original was a slow blow or not, but I can't get
anything out the side that had the burnt cap.

I can't find any shorts on the board and don't really know where to go from
here.. Any poiters before I replace every component on the board?

Here are some pictures.. I know the fuse i put on there looks really bad but
I didn't have a small resistor sized fuse to go on there.
Before
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00357.JPG
http://mikescomputers.homeip.net/LCD/DSC00358.JPG
After