Junior Member

Default Transformer making supplies

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy, bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Sergey Kubushin

EJohnson wrote:

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of
transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy,
bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks

I wish there were such sites...

Please share your findings if you happened to find something...

---
* KSI@home KOI8 Net The impossible we do immediately. *
* Las Vegas NV, USA Miracles require 24-hour notice. *

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
default

On Fri, 14 Apr 2006 14:53:51 +0100, EJohnson
wrote:

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of
transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy,
bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks

Search for "transformer iron" and "magnet wire" no site that I know
of that sells roll-your-own transformer supplies.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of
transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy,
bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks

Here's a site with links to what you want.

http://www.transformer-assn.org/product_index.asp

Thomas & Skinner was pretty good about sending catalogs with their
iron, specs and calculations - can't raise their site right now, keeps
timing out.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
nortonfan

In my younger years I rewound motors and transformers. One of the
larger suppliers of magnet wire and related products was Essex. I
found this site:
http://www.essexgroup.com/Subsidiari...ell/motors.asp

Some outfits may only sell wholesale, but asking around they may lead
you to a local distributor who will sell you what you need.

I have no connection (no pun intended) with this company.
Cheers,
Norman

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two

In article ,
EJohnson wrote:

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of
transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy,
bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks

I've always bought wire from MWS. Great selection and outstanding
customer service.

Fish paper should be easy to find. West Systems makes good epoxy.

When you say iron cores are you talking Es and Is? We used to build tube
amp transformers, and found that pounding the last few layers of metal
into the bobbins with a soft hammer was the most important step in
keeping them quiet. Vacuum potting is essential, too, but those lams
*have* to be snug.