Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Smitty Two

Default Transformer making supplies

In article ,
EJohnson wrote:

Hello Everyone;

Can someone please give me a website that has a decent selection of
transformer building materials like high temp magnet wire, epoxy,
bobbins, iron cores, insulating paper, ect... Thanks

I've always bought wire from MWS. Great selection and outstanding
customer service.

Fish paper should be easy to find. West Systems makes good epoxy.

When you say iron cores are you talking Es and Is? We used to build tube
amp transformers, and found that pounding the last few layers of metal
into the bobbins with a soft hammer was the most important step in
keeping them quiet. Vacuum potting is essential, too, but those lams
*have* to be snug.