Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video.desktop,rec.video,rec.photo.digital
Rango

Default Help: Faulty LCD Monitor (JVC Camcorder GR-D33U)

Our JVC GR-D33U Camcorder is coming up on two years since my wife and I
purchased it, and all of a sudden the LCD monitor has begun acting up
(see link below for reference photos).

Basically, we get horizontal, white bands on a darkened (black)
monitor. Occasionally we'll get a clear picture, but only for about 5
minutes before the white bands return. Other times the monitor will
look like a distorted black and white picture wherein no object can
clearly be seen, but the shape of what's on the screen will shift
(reminds me of a less grainy ultrasound picture).

When the camcorder is initially powered on, sometimes the monitor will
read "LENS CAP", indicating that the lens cap needs to be removed, even
though it already has been.

It appears light is making its way into the lens, but something isn't
registering. The camera _has not_ been dropped, or abused in any way.
It just started doing this out of the blue.

We have a 4 month-old and we're missing out some some pretty important
memories. Before I go dump another $350.00 on a new digital video
camera, I'd like to see if anyone has any suggestions...

Thanks,
Ric

Click here for reference images:
http://www.users.qwest.net/~rnapoli/jvcGR-D33U.html

Posted to sci.electronics.repair,rec.video.desktop,rec.video,rec.photo.digital
Rossi

Default Faulty LCD Monitor (JVC Camcorder GR-D33U)

I suggest you taking a look he

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.p...33c930cc16f7/#

My Sony still camera went "berzerk" and I started trying to figure out
what could have happened and found that several camera types (still and
camcorders) from different manufacturers use a Sony CCD that has a
manufacturing problem and is causing a lot of trouble, even a class
action law suit.

There are a couple links that explain which cameras and what to do.