Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Good Focus but Missing some colors:GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor

GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor(Sun microsystems) I have tried all color
settings for RBG (BIAS,GAIN) on OSD,but I feel this monitor was
built-in as green or black & white color as pre-dominant.I will open
it's body after getting some knowledgeable replies. Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Ware

wrote in message
ups.com...
GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor(Sun microsystems) I have tried all color
settings for RBG (BIAS,GAIN) on OSD,but I feel this monitor was
built-in as green or black & white color as pre-dominant.I will open
it's body after getting some knowledgeable replies. Thanks

color monitor, made by sony.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
JANA

Common problems are failures of the CRT, or some of the components on the
video drive board. Proper troubleshooting would be required to determine the
fault. Guessing will not solve the problem.

--

JANA
_____

wrote in message
ups.com...
GDM 5010PT 21" Monitor(Sun microsystems) I have tried all color
settings for RBG (BIAS,GAIN) on OSD,but I feel this monitor was
built-in as green or black & white color as pre-dominant.I will open
it's body after getting some knowledgeable replies. Thanks

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

how can I display a series of ten squares, in shades of
grey from black to white, which ones are coloured and in what way?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Tom MacIntyre

On 8 Apr 2006 22:27:04 -0700, wrote:

how can I display a series of ten squares, in shades of
grey from black to white, which ones are coloured and in what way?

Here are some sources of monitor test pattern software programs...

http://mouf.net/blog/2005/04/26/index.html

Instructions for above...

Keyboard commands:
Upon startup, lcdtest will fill the screen with solid red. Pressing
keys on the keyboard will change the pattern:

Change foreground color:
r red
g green
b blue
w white
k black

Change pattern:
s solid fill
h horizontal lines
v vertical lines
c crosshatch
d dots
a white vertical lines with two pixel pitch

Line position/spacing
arrows move lines in arrow direction
plus increase spacing between lines
minus increase spacing between lines
0..9 select predefined line spacings

Other:
/ or ? toggle display of help message
q or escape exit program

The "a" command is specifically intended for use with LCD monitors
connected via an analog VGA (vs. DVI). This pattern should work well
for the monitor auto-setup feature. Auto-setup may not get the
frequency and phase adjusted optimally, in which case this pattern is
also useful for manual adjustment.

http://www.idk-tech.com/products/pcvg1.JPG

Pay-for, but simply looking at the JPEG may tell you what you need to
know.

You should find something useful here...right-click on "Download" and
select "Save Target As" for each program...

http://www.benchmarkhq.ru/english.html?/be_monitor.html

Good luck.

Tom
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Which DAS u mean he
A code for Decimal Adjust after Subtraction, an Intel 80x86 processor
instruction
Direct Attached Storage
Data acquisition system
Distributed Annotation System

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Can't distinguish b/w blue and black,line sapcing was more can be seen
eaily as sepaarte h/v lines at start later ,it was micro spacing after
changing over color and back to white.Line space work with +/- ,0--9.
/?Did'nt provided help message.
Now we better know where we standing.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

d did'nt provide any dots.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

True colors(i/c missing blue) restored for some moments when I
rebooted my
computer after I enabled my Audio Peripheral Device.
Will I hope that a day will come when I can look all true colors on my
monitor. Is there any chance to fix its colors permanetly?