Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default samsung sp-434 RP TV convergence

Hi,

I am trying to better configure the convergence on my Samsung SP-434
rear pro TV. The standard convergence control is pretty much useless. I
have accessed the service convergence screeen which gives a lot more
options to focus the picture - however, there are no instructions, and
I am worried about mucking up settings.

Could anyone help with a set of instructions for this service
convergence screen? Maybe a copy of the instructions from the service
manual? I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
I.F.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,

I am trying to better configure the convergence on my Samsung SP-434
rear pro TV. The standard convergence control is pretty much useless. I
have accessed the service convergence screeen which gives a lot more
options to focus the picture - however, there are no instructions, and
I am worried about mucking up settings.

Could anyone help with a set of instructions for this service
convergence screen? Maybe a copy of the instructions from the service
manual? I greatly appreciate any help that can be offered.

Thanks,

Phil

Try emailing the "help wanted" page of Television magazine, - this has the
slight disadvantage however that you might have to buy the magazine to get
all the replies, but try giving your email address anyway, some people with
help might reply by email. Television magazine has been around many years,
so should be easy to google.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Tell you what, tit for tat.

I have a Samsung in the shop I can't figure out how to get into the
convergence section. I get into the main service menu fine.

I replaced convergence ICs in it and as expected it needs a touchup in
the Hlin parameters. You tell me how to get to the section, I will
figure it out and let you know. I suspect I didn't have quite the right
remote.

Incidentally, what parameters do you need to adjust ? If no parts were
changed, drift is usually due to yoke rotation or a slight loss of
strength of the ring magnets. These problems should be corrected at the
source rather than electronically because doing the latter will cause
the convergence outputs to draw more power.

JURB