Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Brad

Default UPDATE: RCA TV 27F530T, ch ITC008KC3 Width Problem

Hi,

Thanks to Rono and Art for your help. I soldered the three wires
(1 blue and 2 brown) direct after I removed the connectors and pins.
That solved the problem. Note: I also soldered some other joints on the PCC
board that looked like they could use more solder.

Brad

On Sun, 26 Mar 2006 05:48:09 GMT, (Jason D.) wrote:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 17:07:26 -0500, "Art"
wrote:

Also, if attempts to repair the PCC board are a quandry, RCA did supply the
complete item as a replacment part. I'm sure that someone with Parts Finder
may give you the P/N for the whole PCC Board.
"Rono" wrote in message
groups.com...
On larger sets with the same chassis, you have to solder the connectors
going from the main board to the EW pincushion board. You MAY have to
cut the wires, & solder them directly to the board. The wires are blue,
& also brown. Otherwise you MAY have a failing part on the mainboard,
or on the little pincushion board. The RCA/GE B2B site is down, the
last two days so I can't give you any more info. Hope this helps. Dani.

Do this asap or the HOT fails, this is diffcult one to trace, it is
the 3 thick (two brown and blue) wires harness with 2 connectors the
problem, connectors are either milky clear or black. This goes
between chassis just by the fly and the small pincushion board.

Cut connectors off, pull pins (melt the solder while doing so,) and
solder these wires in directly. This fixes the problem.

Cheers, Wizard

ORIGINAL POST:

On Sat, 25 Mar 2006 19:39:33 GMT,
(Brad) wrote:

Hi,

An RCA TV, model 27F530T, ch ITC008KC3 (mfg. 11/03)
came into my service shop with a width problem. There
is a little too much width (overscan), and the width is constantly
fluctuating a little. I do not have a service manual for this model
TV. Anyone run into a problem like this with this or a similar model?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active key logger (spyware) in your PC.