Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
mm

Default duplicating phone and ring voltage

I need to connect some telephone-type things together in my own little
circuit, and test them, but I don't know a simple method or what
voltages to use. I think I need to use some wire, some kind of DC
power, something to put a ring-signal on the line, a phone, and
whatever I am testing.

For example, I'm getting a replacement for my all-time favorite phone
answering machine, but the owner has forgotten the 3-digit code for
remote message retrieval. I'm willing to try all 900 or 1000,
probably while I'm watching tv, but only if I can get it to go
quickly. So I need a test line to ring it directly, have the machine
answer, and punch in the code.

Also I have 2 fax machines, one that sends and one that receives!
I'm pretty sure I can get it down to one that does both.

I don't have two phone lines, and even if I did, I think things would
run quicker with my own little circuit.

In the 7th grade, we had two candlestick phones and a dry cell to play
with during ham radio club, and everything worked (except it didn't
ring, but that was ok because they had no bells. )

Any help appreciated.