Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RB

Default adapter help needed

Need some help from guys who've been around this kind of stuff for awhile.
I have a coax chassis fitting which takes a UG-536B/U plug. I need to get
some kind of adapter to go from UG-536B/U to BNC. Would appreciate
identification of what such a fitting would be called, and some sources
where I can get one.

If worst come to worst and there isn't any such animal, I may just change
out the chassis fitting to a std coax/PL-259 thing.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
DaveM

"RB" wrote in message
Need some help from guys who've been around this kind of stuff for awhile. I
have a coax chassis fitting which takes a UG-536B/U plug. I need to get some
kind of adapter to go from UG-536B/U to BNC. Would appreciate identification
of what such a fitting would be called, and some sources where I can get one.

If worst come to worst and there isn't any such animal, I may just change out
the chassis fitting to a std coax/PL-259 thing.

The UG-536B/U is a Type N connector for RG-58 style cable. Type N to BNC
adapters are easy to find on the web, such as the one at
http://www.mpja.com/productview.asp?product=0521+RC.
The standard MIL designation for this adapter is UG-201A/U or M55339/20-00201.

Cheers!!!

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
RB

Thanks very much. That's exactly what I am looking for. I had searched
through Google, but wasn't sure what words to put in. I found a bunch of
UG-536B/U fittings, but no adapters to BNC. I also found a bunch that sell
only in bulk to wholesalers.