Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ve3tjd

Default Help reading TC5518 Static Ram from Tractor monitor

Hi Guys:

I'm working on a "tractor performance monitor" from a farm tractor. It
uses an 6803U4 micro and I gather that the main program is stored on a
TC5518 static ram which is battery backed up. The problem came about
when the lithium cell went dead and the static ram lost it's contents.
I do have another working monitor, but does anyone know a way to read
it while it's still on the board? The board was manufactured in 1988.

I was thinking about soldering a 3 volt source to the ground and Vcc
leads, and then use my pocket programmer (II) to read the good one?
This static ram chip is pin for pin compatible with a 2716 eprom!

Can anyone suggest any other means of extracting the data, and
reburning it onto the original 5518?

If you could, also send me a reply to "tedd at ve3tjd dot com".

Thanks for any assistance.

Tedd, VE3TJD

Electric meter reading period bland UK diy 14 November 11th 05 10:02 PM
Emergency "Reading Glasses" Jeff Wisnia Metalworking 15 May 30th 05 08:38 AM
this is very worth reading...NOT JUST ANOTHER INTERNET SCAM shane Woodturning 3 January 10th 05 12:49 AM
OT Guns more Guns Cliff Metalworking 519 December 12th 04 05:52 AM
static on right channel of kenwood receiver Sofie Electronics Repair 22 July 20th 03 03:18 AM