Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default sony kv27ts26 need to auto program, no button on tv ,no OEM. remote

The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add or
auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past channel
61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I
surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jerry G.

You need to buy an original factory remote for your set. Most all the
new sets are like that.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add or
auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past channel
61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I
surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
tvguy

Default sony kv27ts26 need to auto program, no button on tv ,no

JR Northwrote:
Buy a universal remote that will access the TV's menu.
JR

wrote:

The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add

or
auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past

channel
61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when

surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?

Home Page:
http://www.seanet.com/~jasonrnorth[/quote:40c971efee]

Not all universal remotes will do the menu feature. You would need to
find one that is compatable to that model of tv that you have in
order to get the menu to work for it. It is like RCA tv`s and RCA
universal remotes. They may operate the tv but it wouldn`t let you do
all the features like the original remote that came with the set did.
So you are better off trying to locate the original remote for that
set.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Thanks guys,Less then 24 hrs and I got answers! Spent 2 days o-line
looking for same.Hope I can help out sometime!!!!!!!!!!
Rafterdog

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

While this is true for this set, it is not for MOST sets. In fact, Jerry,
the vast majority of sets can be reprogrammed with a universal or some form
of replacement remote because they access these functions through the menus,
which can usually be done with the rather generic button layouts on many
programmmable remotes. The old sony sets with a specific button for some
functions are an exception, not typical of "most all of the new sets."

1-800-REMOTES might have it, or maybe someone has loaded the IR signature to
a learning remote with a computer interface like a Pronto, Harmony, or
Universal. You might try remotecentral.com.

Leonard

"Jerry G." wrote in message
You need to buy an original factory remote for your set. Most all the
new sets are like that.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add or
auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past channel
61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I
surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Shoreline Electronics

Goto this website : http://www.electrosoundusa.com/ Click on the remotes
link

The Moteva remote # RC-1003 should work OK. It has the Auto Program button
( Which may or may not work....but more important the ADD & ERASE buttons
which should enable to manual add & delete channels.

All for a whopping $10.99

--
Jeff Stielau

oups.com...