Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Default sony kv27ts26 need to auto program, no button on tv ,no OEM. remote

While this is true for this set, it is not for MOST sets. In fact, Jerry,
the vast majority of sets can be reprogrammed with a universal or some form
of replacement remote because they access these functions through the menus,
which can usually be done with the rather generic button layouts on many
programmmable remotes. The old sony sets with a specific button for some
functions are an exception, not typical of "most all of the new sets."

1-800-REMOTES might have it, or maybe someone has loaded the IR signature to
a learning remote with a computer interface like a Pronto, Harmony, or
Universal. You might try remotecentral.com.

Leonard

"Jerry G." wrote in message
You need to buy an original factory remote for your set. Most all the
new sets are like that.

--

Jerry G.

wrote in message
oups.com...
The OEM. remote is long gone.There is no button under panel to add or
auto program channels. The TV works great. I can't surf past channel
61.Goes to 2 .But I can use remote to get higher channels but when I
surf channels it goes right back to 3.Any HELP out there?