Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Red light blinking sony kv32s40

Hi,

I have a kv32s40 Sony TV that was purchased in late 1998. I was
watching TV recently and it just suddenly turned off. The red light in
front of the TV now keeps blinking and it wont respond to any other
commands.

I googled for this problem and came across various posts, but nothing
that satisfactorily had an answer. Some ppl found out that the TV came
back on after a day, some people banged their TV to get it to work etc.
I have tried the above briefly, to no avail so far, but was wondering
if someone who has faced this probelm had a more concrete answer?

Has anyone fixed this? Is it do-able w/basic knowledge of circuits?
Is it worth the repair to take it to sony (if anyone has gotten it
done, what was the cost?)

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Art

The blink code is a diagnostic, the number of blinks point a trained service
technician to a specific circuit area to be investigated. The data for that
information is in the service manual for your set.
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hi,

I have a kv32s40 Sony TV that was purchased in late 1998. I was
watching TV recently and it just suddenly turned off. The red light in
front of the TV now keeps blinking and it wont respond to any other
commands.

I googled for this problem and came across various posts, but nothing
that satisfactorily had an answer. Some ppl found out that the TV came
back on after a day, some people banged their TV to get it to work etc.
I have tried the above briefly, to no avail so far, but was wondering
if someone who has faced this probelm had a more concrete answer?

Has anyone fixed this? Is it do-able w/basic knowledge of circuits?
Is it worth the repair to take it to sony (if anyone has gotten it
done, what was the cost?)

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Do you have the service manual or owners manual?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Sony didn't start using diagnostic blink codes in the low end stuff
until/around the year 2000.

Standard troubleshooting is required for the OPs problem.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Dani

IC601 MX0841, open 0.1 ohm fusible resistor in the power supply, bad
solder connections on horizontal drive transformer, 0.47mfd/50V in
horiz drive circuit.
Look he

http://www.iwaynet.net/~nesda/SonyPowSupply.html

http://wa6ati.com/Sony-Directview.html