Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Red light blinking sony kv32s40

Hi,

I have a kv32s40 Sony TV that was purchased in late 1998. I was
watching TV recently and it just suddenly turned off. The red light in
front of the TV now keeps blinking and it wont respond to any other
commands.

I googled for this problem and came across various posts, but nothing
that satisfactorily had an answer. Some ppl found out that the TV came
back on after a day, some people banged their TV to get it to work etc.
I have tried the above briefly, to no avail so far, but was wondering
if someone who has faced this probelm had a more concrete answer?

Has anyone fixed this? Is it do-able w/basic knowledge of circuits?
Is it worth the repair to take it to sony (if anyone has gotten it
done, what was the cost?)

Help is much appreciated.

Thanks,