Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jason D.

Default unfortune TVs disposals

At our shop we're disposing so many accumlated TVs over the time,
mostly 25" and few projector light boxes so I need to ask here;

It is nice to recover some bit of money by selling the parts but is
there any demand for those? (mostly RCA).

By the way, many needs new fly so that is out but few are not too bad.

I'm wondering about the PTK169 and PTK195 CRT (useable ones even with
leaks) is they still worth saving to sell? All DOES NOT have 205064
HV blocks.

Cheers, Wizard
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
kip

Wizard The 169 I would save maybe for another year and also 195,s
still plenty out there especially the 195,s
Usually when I do a Dump run I need a part I tossed out.
Never failed yet..

kip
"Jason D." wrote in message
At our shop we're disposing so many accumlated TVs over the time,
mostly 25" and few projector light boxes so I need to ask here;

It is nice to recover some bit of money by selling the parts but is
there any demand for those? (mostly RCA).

By the way, many needs new fly so that is out but few are not too bad.

I'm wondering about the PTK169 and PTK195 CRT (useable ones even with
leaks) is they still worth saving to sell? All DOES NOT have 205064
HV blocks.

Cheers, Wizard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
James Sweet

Jason D. wrote:
At our shop we're disposing so many accumlated TVs over the time,
mostly 25" and few projector light boxes so I need to ask here;

It is nice to recover some bit of money by selling the parts but is
there any demand for those? (mostly RCA).

By the way, many needs new fly so that is out but few are not too bad.

I'm wondering about the PTK169 and PTK195 CRT (useable ones even with
leaks) is they still worth saving to sell? All DOES NOT have 205064
HV blocks.

Cheers, Wizard

As soon as you throw out a set you'll most likely find you need a part
from it, almost never fails.

Still you can't keep everything, some parts may have value, things like
projection CRTs which don't have much screen burn, and good projection
yokes.

Other stuff I find I can give away on craigslist if I don't have time to
fix it, I've gotten rid of a bunch of TVs that way.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

try your area's freecycle list.
or strip the pcbs out and toss the case and tubes to save space.....

Jason D. ha escrito:

At our shop we're disposing so many accumlated TVs over the time,
mostly 25" and few projector light boxes so I need to ask here;

It is nice to recover some bit of money by selling the parts but is
there any demand for those? (mostly RCA).

By the way, many needs new fly so that is out but few are not too bad.

I'm wondering about the PTK169 and PTK195 CRT (useable ones even with
leaks) is they still worth saving to sell? All DOES NOT have 205064
HV blocks.

Cheers, Wizard

Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Leonard Caillouet

Check with PTS to see what board they are buying back.

We roughly offset the disposal cost of CRTs ($.38 per pound here) with board
that we sell back to PTS and a few sets that se sell to a group from Mexico
that comes around every now and then looking for broken tvs cheap. Luckily,
they don't charge use to dispose of boards and components other than CRTs.

I have found that with selective pulling of parts, it is better to not store
the old sets. The storage is a poor use of the limited space that we have
and there is no way that the very few pulls that we actually need can pay
for more sq ft, even cheaper warehouse space.

Leonard

ups.com...

Double disposals Scott Home Repair 16 December 29th 04 04:19 PM
Septic tanks, garbage disposals, dishwashers. rile Home Repair 11 July 28th 04 05:53 AM
Garbage disposals Consumer Reports TOM KAN PA Home Repair 1 April 19th 04 04:27 AM
Any garbage disposals impervious to chlorine? Anthony Ewell Home Repair 4 March 4th 04 12:32 AM