Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Loftydon

Default Sony KV-32FS10 can't receive off the air channels...

Hi, all!! You've all been a great resource! I recently came into
posession of the subj. TV; unit had been bounced hard enough to crack the
ckt bd in the vicinity of the Horiz. Output Xsitor. I repaired the ckt bd
and switched the TV on. It will not receive off the air signals with
rabbit ears attached to coax input; it will not tune channels using VHS
player with onboard tuner through ch. 3 or ch. 4 (it will display off the
air channels if the RCA inputs & outputs are connected). It will receive
picture through the rear S-Video connector (but not the front one..)if the
TV is set to the "VHS" mode. Using the TV auto-channel programming
doesn't produce any off the air channels. There isn't any "ANT" switch on
the remote or the TV chassis. Any suggestions to isolate this prob.? Do
I need to unsolder the tuner attached to the Coax. connector and send it
off (I know you used to be able to do that; don't know if it is still
done...). I don't have a service manual - this TV was made in 1999.
All replies are appreciated.
Don in sunny Florida